Well I was able to finish with a winning record fortunately. Here’s a recap of my weekend winners and what actually went down.
My Pick: Minnesota Gophers 24 @ Colorado St 10
- Final Score: Minnesota Gophers 23 – Colorado St 20 = WINNER
- Recap: Pretty close on what I thought the score would be. Gophers were able to lead an extremely balanced attack and control the game. Colorado State lead a furious comback in the second half though to tie the game where the would eventually lose in overtime.
My Pick: Rice University Owls 12 @ University of Texas Longhorns 34
- Final Score: Rice University Owls 28 @ University of Texas Longhorns 42= WINNER
- Recap: The Longhorns started off at a fast scoring pace in the 1st and 2nd halves as the they compiled all 42 of their points in the first and third quarters. All thanks to a playmaking defense and true freshman Jerrod Heard. Looks like Charlie Strong has seen enough of Tyrone Swoops.
My Pick: Louisiana State University Tigers 38 @ Mississippi St. Bulldogs 10
- Final Score: Louisiana State University Tigers 21 @ Mississippi St. Bulldogs 19= Winner
- Recap: In typical Les Miles fashion the Tigers allowed an inferior opponent to stick around in the second half. The Tigers were much better in every facet of the game except displine. The Tigers had approximatly 200 yards of total offense called back on stupid penalites. I believe if they the penalites never occurred my prediction would have been dead on. Still a winner though!
My Pick: Wake Forest Demon Deacons 17 @ Syracuse Orangemen 6
- Final Score: Wake Forest Demon Deacons 17 @ Syracuse Orangemen 30= Loser
- Recap: Well I’m not a 100% loser on this one right? I predicted 17 points out the Demon Deacons. In my opinion the Demon Deacons were the better team yesterday who lost the turnover battle. The Demon Deacons coughed the ball up 3 times giving the Orangemen free points and great field position. The Orangmen were out gained by 50 yards but made the most of the opportunities.
My Pick: Kansas State Wildcats 30 @ University of Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners 31
- Final Score: Kansas State Wildcats 30 @ University of Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners 3= Loser
- Recap: Not one of my better moments. I need to go out on a limb to pick the Roadrunners and in doing so made myself look pretty silly. K State acutally started off pretty sluggish like I thought they would as UTSA’s spread offense was clicking right from the get go. The Wildcat defense made stopping the spread look easy after the first quarter. After that, the true freshman Wildcat QB Joe Huebner (hasnt started a football game since his high school JV season) showed some potential as you he made the plays on the run and through the air. Heubner lead an impressive balanced attack showing promise for the K State football program.
To check out yesterdays box scores click here.
Overall, I thought yesterday was a great day for college football as there plenty of wild finishes. Can’t wait for next weekend. As for today my buddies and I went all out by taking a kingwood party bus to the Houston Texans game. The day started off great as we were rolling around in style partying at 10:30am for the big game. Then have our dreams smashed by the mighty Kansas City Chiefs. Anyways, to sum it up I’ve had better Sundays. This week I will do a recap of today’s opening weekend and preview the next. If you have any questions feel free to provide any feedback or questions by clicking here.